City Centre Family Physicians began in 1958 when Dr. J. N. “Noel” Doig moved from England to the small village of Hawarden, SK. Dr. Doig practised as an old-fashioned country General Practitioner from 1958 to 1961. While working in Hawarden, Dr. Doig cared for people from a large surrounding community, including the villages of Hawarden, Strongfield, Loreburn, Elbow, Glenside, the Gardiner dam construction camp, and the area north of Hawarden known as the Bethlehem community.
Many people who came to know Dr. Doig followed him to Saskatoon for their medical care when he moved in 1961 to join Dr. Sam Landa in practice. Those people, and their descendants and extended families, are still an important core group of the patients who come to City Centre Family Physicians almost 60 years later.
Dr. Noel Doig continued to work with Dr. Landa for almost 15 years. In 1970, Dr. Joe Golumbia, a Saskatchewan-born physician who grew up in the Macrorie area and practised for several years in Melfort, joined them.
In 1974, Drs. Doig and Golumbia left the practice that they had shared with Dr. Landa, and moved to new premises in the Canada Building. There, they were joined in 1978 by Dr. Anne Doig, and shortly thereafter, by Dr. Don Stefiuk, Dr. Florence Wardell, and Dr. Steven Goluboff.
By 1984, the practice had outgrown its space in the Canada Building and moved to 514 Queen Street. Originally, we shared the first floor with Queen St. Diagnostic Imaging and with a Medical Laboratory. Later, CCFP took over the whole of the first floor, and changed its name from “Drs. Doig, Golumbia and Partners” to “City Centre Family Physicians.”
We strive to model a complete medical home with our group of forward thinking team members!About Us